Fortinet FortiAnalyzer Review

Stable with good technical support and a good user experience

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution in order to analyze data.

If you have two devices that need to communicate with each other, so you can see where any issue is as you can see every single communication. It shows the flux of communication.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the solution is its ability to pinpoint where the issue is. If two devices need to communicate together, you can see which interfaces they are using.

The stability has been very good so far. We haven't had any issues with it.

Technical support is always quite responsive and very helpful.

Overall, the product is quite good. It integrates well and has good reporting and logging.

The user interface is good and it is quite easy to use.

What needs improvement?

From my point of view, at this time, the solution isn't lacking any features or functionalities. It's very complete for our purposes.

I've been working with the solution for less than a year. It's still quite new to me.

The product has been quite stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. Its been reliable in terms of performance overall.

I can't speak to the scalability. It's not an aspect of the solution I've tried to deal with. I'm unsure if it expands easily or if it would be difficult to do so.

I personally have opened two tickets with technical support in the past and everything has gone very well. They were knowledgeable and responsive and they helped me solve the issues. I have no complaints about their level of service. I've been very satisfied with them.

By the time I joined my current organization, the solution was already installed and configured. Unfortunately, I was not a part of the process and therefore can speak to how easy or difficult it was.

I don't handle the licensing or the costs. I can't speak to how much it is for our company or if it is expensive or affordable. I'm not privy to that kind of information.

That said, it's my understanding, as a comparison, that Fortinet products are cheaper than their Cisco counterparts.

What other advice do I have?

We just installed our latest version a few weeks ago. It's the brand-new version of the product.

For those considering the solution, I've been told that it's cheaper to buy Fortinet or FortiGate instead of buying Cisco ASA. If cost is a concern, it might be a good idea to look at Fortinet.

We are just customers and end-users of Fortinet. We don't have a business relationship with them.

Overall, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. It's largely been very good.

6.4.5
More Fortinet FortiAnalyzer reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Check Point Security Management
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiAnalyzer. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.