Fortinet FortiAnalyzer Review

Our company uses a virtual infrastructure. Implementing this product supplements the protection of our infrastructure.

Valuable Features

The key functions for us are the next-gen firewall and network analytics. To ensure the best protection, we need to constantly analyze the situation in the network, as well as internal and external threats, as well as actual AV protection. The Fortinet products and FortiGuard services give us all of this.

Improvements to My Organization

Room for Improvement

The current version of the product is easy to use. Based on my experience, I can't recommend any areas of improvement. It's important, however, to know what you want prior to implementation. Otherwise, it may not meet your future needs based on the initial configurations.

Use of Solution

We've used it for about four months.

During installation, we had no problems with deployment.

We have had no problems with stability.

We have had no problems with scalability.

The level of local customer service was very good. Per our request, tested the product. We got all answers to our questions from technical support. I rate both of them highly.

We used Wallix AdminBastion together with it.

The initial setup was straightforward.

Implementation Team

A successful implementation for this product depends on how clearly the customer understands what they have and what they need in the future. In most cases, the customer turns out to be unsatisfied when it's unclear that they knew what they wanted prior to implementation. My main recommendation is to implement it together with the vendor, writing down the tasks, solutions, and the expected result before you begin.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I think Fortinet has a balanced offering of prices and licenses.

Other Advice

Fortinet's strategy is based on the dividing the product line depending on functionality. This allows customers to choose only the necessary feature set for them.

The Fortinet product line is wide – you can choose from SOHO to Enterprise, and from hardware to virtual solution. The presence of a free client (Win/Android/OS X) provides protection for client workstations. Each customer will be able to find the most suitable solution for them.

The balanced policy product line and licensing allows customers to choose only the necessary feature set for them. Also you can easily migrate from other vendors using single tools for conversion. Another tool helps you plan the placement of Wi-Fi points in the building. Also, it's very important that equipment has international and national certification such as PCI, DSS, etc. Presentation of products for SDN (Software-defined Networks including SDDC - Software-defined Data Center) confirms the company's leading position in the market.

1 Comment
Alireza GhahroodReal UserTOP 5LEADERBOARD

I think Fortinet has a balanced offering of prices and licenses.

%50 %50