Fortinet FortiAnalyzer Review

Can be used by institutions whose data needs to be on-premises and not in the cloud

What is our primary use case?

Most of our clients are banking and financial institutions, so their data doesn't go to the cloud as such. Their data is on-premises only. Some of our clients can go to the cloud to save the price and do management, administration, and so on, but then most of our clients, use on-premises FortiAnalyzer.

What is most valuable?

I have found incident management and also identifying new threats, analyzing the network traffic, and finding out the issues with the network traffic such as any security issues to be valuable. I also like the compliance reports.

It is a very stable and scalable solution.

What needs improvement?

One thing we struggled with FortiAnalyzer was integration with SIEM. We also had issues with the new threats and APTs. There were false positives, so we needed to have some ratings related to false positives.

It is easy to set up is you have FortiGate firewalls. We tried setting up with other devices, and I don't think it supports other firewalls or other devices. If it did, then it would have been great because we would have been able to use FortiAnalyzer for hybrid environments with different OEM firewalls.

If we can have an intelligent analysis system which will detect false positives and detect the exact problem, it would be great.  If FortiAnalyzer can integrate with FortiSIEM and give us threat reports, that will also help because then I won't need to have another tool or another dashboard which I need to look out for.

I've been using it for four years.

It is a very stable product, and we have had no issues at all.

It is easy to scale; there are no challenges.

The technical support is good. Most of the time, when we escalate the tickets the second line of support, FortiGate support, has been very good. The first line might take up time, but the second line of support resolves the case quite quickly.

The initial setup is quite simple with FortiGate devices. So, if you have FortiGate firewalls, it is quite easy to set up. Once Fortinet FortiAnalyzer is configured, then the only thing we need to do is to monitor it.

When you compare with other firewall vendors, FortiAnalyzer is quite competitive in pricing. They are very aggressive as well.

What other advice do I have?

If you have critical objects to protect or critical data to protect, then you should go for FortiAnalyzer.

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate Fortinet FortiAnalyzer at eight.

More Fortinet FortiAnalyzer reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Check Point Security Management
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiAnalyzer. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.