Fortinet FortiAuthenticator Review

Good support, integrates well with Fortinet products, and the licensing is cost-effective

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is two-factor authentication, and we use it for a handful of our clients.

What is most valuable?

FortiAuthenticator is really good software that integrates very well with Fortinet products.

The licensing structure is cost-effective for us compared to some of the other solutions that have recurring monthly costs. We like that it has more one-time costs than the monthly recurring cost per user.

What needs improvement?

Although two-factor authentication has come a long way, there are a lot of companies that are going further. The reason for this is because people are finding ways to compromise traditional, web-based solutions. I would like to see more ways to authenticate, such as adding facial recognition to the two-factor, where you log into your phone or another device. That would be great.

I have had stability issues with FortiAuthenticator.

As long as you purchase the right amount of licensing, it's scalable.

Generally, the technical support is very good. I know some people that work for Fortinet and we haven't had any issues with getting to the right resources when needed.

We have always used Fortinet products.

The initial setup is fairly simple because there's product training available for all of the tools from Fortinet. Our team is fully versed in those products, so it wasn't very difficult.

The licensing fee is less in the long term because it's not a recurring cost.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is that for any solution you want to deploy, you have to ensure that your team is trained so that you can support it. Before FortiAuthenticator goes into play, make sure that your team is trained.

Overall, we are pretty satisfied with FortiAuthenticator.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Fortinet FortiAuthenticator reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Thales Authenticators
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiAuthenticator. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.