Fortinet FortiClient Review

Non-disruptive with a great interface

What is most valuable?

Fortinet FortiClient is not disruptive, and its interface is great. It has an in-built VPN, which is very useful.

What needs improvement?

There isn't much to improve in terms of features and comparison with other vendors. It just needs to stay more up to date in catching the malware.

The user interface may be improved, which would be a minor enhancement. Unlike central management, in endpoint security, the end users don't need to keep looking at the endpoint user interface. The technology is the most important thing in endpoint security.

I have been using this solution for over ten years.

Fortinet FortiClient is very good in terms of stability.

I don't find any problem at all. I can have one user or ten users. Scalability pretty much remains the same.

I never had to call their support.

I used to use Trend Micro, and it is pretty good. I have also used McAfee and a few different ones. McAfee is probably the worst in my opinion. It is very disruptive.

Both Trend Micro and Fortinet FortiClient are non-disruptive. They are pretty much like Microsoft Essential. Once you set them up, you never bother with the user interface. The interface stays in the background and does not interrupt the daily work.

What other advice do I have?

Fortinet has acquired a company called enSilo, which is into EDR. As a result, Fortinet basically has EPP as well as EDR. Generally, a lot of EPPs cannot coexist, but Fortinet EPP and EDR can coexist, so that's a plus.

I would rate Fortinet FortiClient a nine out of ten. It's very popular and easy to use. That's why I have stayed with Fortinet FortiClient for ten years.

6.3.0
More Fortinet FortiClient reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Sophos EPP Suite
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiClient. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.