Fortinet FortiClient Review

Free to use, user-friendly and offers good stability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the VPN as well as for end protection. Those are the only two use cases for us. We don't use it for anything else.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has improved our organization as the VPN has allowed us to work from home, which has been quite handy during COVID. We don't need to be at the office to access the VPN. We can work from anywhere. It's made work much more flexible.

What is most valuable?

The anti-virus that the product offers is the most valuable aspect of the solution for us.

The VPN has proven to be quite useful. We access the VPN through FortiClient.

The stability is very good.

Technical support is okay.

The version we have is free to use. It doesn't cost us anything.

We've found the solution to be very user-friendly. It's easy to navigate.

What needs improvement?

I'm now looking for some sort of option that can maybe be centrally located. We want the IP in our office to centralize the settings and so on. The one that we use, hasn't had that kind of capability to push the settings.

We'd like to be able to properly encrypt the data more effectively. We want them to offer encryption of the hard drive.

The initial setup can sometimes be complex.

I've been using the solution for a while now. It's likely been about five or so years. I've had some time to get to know it.

The stability is pretty good. there are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. Its performance is reliable.

We use the solution on every PC right now. We use FortiClient, and we are happy with it, however, we do not have plans to increase the usage as our employee count has remained the same and we haven't added anyone to our team.

Technical support is okay. It's been fine. If we need assistance, we simply create a ticket. It's not hard to get a hold of them. I would say that we are satisfied with the level of support.

We used McAfee previously. It was the standard one that is already installed in the software. It's pre-installed software that was available on the computer. However, we needed to centralize the system. That's why we use FortiClient now instead.

I haven't handled the initial setup personally. Usually, it's handled by my IT team. They are the ones that install it for me. I don't know whether it's complex, or not. However, from my point of view, sometimes I've heard that it has failed, and therefore it's possible it's quite complex.

Since I didn't handle the initial setup, and can't speak to how much time the deployment actually took.

We are currently using the free version of the solution. We don't pay a licensing fee to use the solution.

What other advice do I have?

We are Fortinet partners.

I would recommend the solution to other users and companies. It's a very useful tool and I have enjoyed working with it. It meets our expectations.

I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

6.0
More Fortinet FortiClient reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Sophos EPP Suite
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiClient. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.