Fortinet FortiDB Review

A good solution for database monitoring

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to monitor database. From DB to MSSQL, everything is monitored.

How has it helped my organization?

In most of my organization, I must disable SSL encryption in a database for monitoring by FortiDB. Once I do so, FortiDB can get to work and monitor the solution.

What is most valuable?

It is critical to monitor the action in a database. This is the most important feature of FortiDB. You can create queries, delete data, block as a firewall and more. You can also reset the station user if you want to do a specific update.

What needs improvement?

We had some issues trying to fix some critical bugs, such as the SSL encryption.

Three to five years.

It is extremely stable, and can expand as per our needs due to its stability.

It is scalable. I actually have deployed it in an industrial company that has about 80 databases.

It is not expensive.

We looked at Oracle, but we realized that there is no general solution to monitor the range of a database in the same way that FortiDB does. It is a good solution for database monitoring.

What other advice do I have?

It’s recommended to secure any database by securing parameters in database setting.