Fortinet FortiEDR Review

Has an easy setup and good firewall response

What is most valuable?

The ease of deployment and configuration is valuable. It's very easy compared to other vendors like Sophos. Sophos' configuration is complex. Fortinet is a lot easier to understand. You don't need a lot of admin knowledge to do the configuration.

The security is also very good and the firewall response is good.

What needs improvement?

Clients want to be in a hybrid mix and match mode. The security needs to be relevant in that way as well. It has to be online, on the cloud and on-premises. This is the customer's mindset. They don't want to go for user applications on the cloud. They think it will fail and the data will be inaccessible. They don't want to go to the cloud platform. The security should be strong for the cloud. Some applications are on-prem and some are on the cloud. Fortinet should also have strong security for the cloud. There should be more security for the cloud.

I have been using FortiEDR for the last year.

It runs constantly, 24/7. It is quite stable. We haven't had any stability issues.

It is scalable. It is good for both small and large companies. Security has to be strong, it should be at the same standard. It's suitable for all business sizes.

We haven't needed to contact support for EDR.

The deployment can be done in one week. We have configured it within a week. It takes generally three people to set it up. I supervise the team.

There are no additional costs.

What other advice do I have?

As of now, it's very good. We don't have a lot of challenges. The EDR concept is new to the market. It doesn't have a lot of competition. As of now, we don't have a lot of user input. If it's on the market for a few more years, I'm sure people will have more feedback.

We do our own documentation and share the whitepapers with our clients. I don't find Fortinet to be a difficult tool. The reporting is good and designed in a way that even a newcomer can use it easily. As of now those clients who have migrated from other security vendors don't have a lot of challenges. The clients appreciate the technology and report that they have tangible benefits.

I would rate it a nine out of ten. All of the requirements are addressed nicely and the security is covered. It has everything it needs.