Fortinet FortiGate Cloud Review

Security is improved through sandbox features and the technical support is good

What is our primary use case?

I am a consultant and this is one of the solutions that I provide to my customers.

I am familiar with Sandboxing services and some of the other features. This solution is mainly used for securing events.

What is most valuable?

The sandboxing feature is very important.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a SIEM bundled together with this because customers are looking into better reporting and more proactive security solutions.

In the next release, it would benefit this solution to have more advanced monitoring capabilities such as predictive analysis and reporting.

I have been using FortiCloud for five or six years.

We have not come across any problems with stability.

With respect to scalability, we have had no problems whatsoever.

We have been in contact with the Fortinet technical support a couple of times, although it has been for hardware-related issues and had nothing to do with our configuration. One of our customers had hardware that was failing quite often.

The technical support is pretty good and so far, we have no complaints.

This initial setup is pretty straightforward. I don't think that it is complex.

The entire firewall implementation will take a couple of days, maximum. This is with everything, all together.

Some of our customers purchase yearly licenses, while others purchase subscriptions that are three years in length. The price is over $1,000 USD annually.

What other advice do I have?

FortiCloud helps to enhance the security posture of any organization, and I definitely recommend looking into it.

More Fortinet FortiGate Cloud reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Fortinet, Amazon, Palo Alto Networks and others in Firewall Security Management. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.