Fortinet FortiGate IPS Review

A good and stable product with IPS and URL filtering features

What is our primary use case?

We manage all the IT for airports and airlines. We have some data centers for providing different services, such as tickets, to customers. We use Fortinet FortiGate IPS to secure the environment.

What is most valuable?

It is a good product. It does what we want it to do so. I didn't find many false-positives or things like that. We mainly use the IPS and URL filtering features, and they are pretty good.

What needs improvement?

They can probably improve the reporting feature. Reporting and report alerting are the main key features of this solution. They can always find ways to improve these.

I have been using Fortinet FortiGate IPS for four years.

It is doing good in terms of stability. It is a good product and a good feature within the firewall.

We haven't tried to scale it.

I have contacted them. Their technical support is good. They are pretty responsive and knowledgeable.

The initial setup was straightforward. Basically, it is quite easy to set up. You just need to follow the guidelines because they are well-made for Fortinet FortiGate IPS.

We are currently evaluating a Palo Alto solution, and the pricing could be a reason for going for Palo Alto.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a part of the team that is testing the Palo Alto solution. We are only responsible for testing to ensure that it matches what we want, but we are not responsible for making the actual decision. Another team will decide which solution to go for based on the contract in terms of money and other things. Technically, either FortiGate or Palo Alto will be able to provide what we want.

I would rate Fortinet FortiGate IPS an eight out of ten. It is a good product.

More Fortinet FortiGate IPS reviews from users