Fortinet FortiGate Review

Great load balancing feature, secure and stable

What is our primary use case?

We've used this solution for the guest portal for our client and we also use it to secure the network of our firm. I am the IT infrastructure manager and we are customers of Fortinet.

What is most valuable?

I like the fact that we don't have to use our IP address and that it roams. I also like the load balancing feature which allows you to attach several internet connections and load balance.

What needs improvement?

We have an issue with the license when it expires because we're unable to use the computers. We are in the hotel industry and there's an issue with vouchers when guests come in wanting to use them.

I've been using this solution for five years.

It's a stable solution. We had some issues after we upgraded but on the whole it's stable.

We don't have scalability requirements so I can't comment.

We had some issues with the local support, particularly with regard to purchasing the subscription. It took a very long time and at one point the license had expired and it took a while to sort out.

The initial setup is simple and doesn't take much time.

This is an affordable solution.

FortiGate is the most effective solution for us and it's a cheaper option to Check Point or Palo Alto which we looked at. They are both very expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

100E
More Fortinet FortiGate reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco ASA Firewall
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiGate. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.