Fortinet FortiGate Review

Good stability and fair pricing with an easy initial setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the firewall for the most part. It's to help us with security on our network.

What is most valuable?

The solution has a very good set of rules.

The customization potential is quite impressive. It can be customized based on our licensing contracts.

The initial setup was pretty simple. We didn't find it to be overly difficult to execute on.

Technical support is rather helpful.

We find the stability to be pretty good.

We didn't have any trouble setting up the solution.

We find the pricing to be fairly good.

What needs improvement?

The ease of use could be improved.

We've been using the solution for about five years. We have been continuously working with FortiGate itself throughout that time. It's been a while.

So far, the stability has been pretty good for us. There aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. I'd describe the stability as reliable.

I can't really speak to the scalability of the solution, as it isn't as aspect I handle. I've never tried to do it, so I'm not sure how it works.

We have about 50 users on the solution. About one third have access to it.

We only really had one issue in the past where we had to deal with technical support. We needed some restoration of some data. It wasn't a bad experience. We were satisfied with their level of service. They seem to be knowledgeable and responsive.

In terms of the initial setup, the process was not complex at all. We found it to be very straightforward and easy. We didn't run into any issues setting everything up.

We have one engineer that handles ongoing maintenance for us when we need it.

The pricing is fair. I don't feel that it is too expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I've been good with using Fortinet. It's a fine tool.

Overall, I would recommend the solution to other organizations.

I would rate it a nine on a scale from one to ten.

More Fortinet FortiGate reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco ASA Firewall
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiGate. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.