Fortinet FortiGate Review

The projects' initial costs were high but right now we can do most things, and the only costs now are the annual license fees.

What is most valuable?

• Active Directory integration
  • QOS
  • Balance/Fail-over
  • Web filtering and protection with AV engine
  • WiFi network for visitors isolated from our corporate WiFi network using only one unit

How has it helped my organization?

After the implementation we stopped internet disruptions and abuse by users.

What needs improvement?

Everything needs to be improved, but they have improvements with each new version.

We've been using Fortinet products since 2009. Alongside FortiGate. we also use FortiAnalyzer 10C and FortiWiFi 40C & 50B.

Yes, a misunderstanding of the environment and misconfiguration of the unit. After reviewing it all, everything has been working fine for years.

It works as defined and expected.

We have the ability to expand our units and there have been no issues so far.

It's the best I have experienced.

It's the best I have experienced.

Previously, we used Linux distributions, and we changed due to its limitations and our company expansion.

It's straightforward. You just need to understand the concept, and how to apply it.

We used an external company and they had a good amount of knowledge.

We have never stopped to calculate it, but we cannot describe how good we feel since we no longer face issues with the internet.

We also looked at BlueCoat.

What other advice do I have?

Feel free to ask me questions about Fortinet.

More Fortinet FortiGate reviews from users