Fortinet FortiGate Review

It has given me complete oversight of my network in a centralized fashion but certain features need improving.

What is most valuable?

• It's version of throughput is good
  • It has a strong active cluster, as you can have between three and 32 units to a cluster

How has it helped my organization?

Finally there is a UTM Fortinet. It has given me complete oversight of my network in a centralized fashion, so I know what is going on at all times. It provides me with a solution that can automatically take control of situations when they arise, with the most intuitive interface. It stops you needing to be on the phone to tech support, or a local vendor, for days on end.

What needs improvement?

• Security
  • LAN
  • WAN

I've used it for three years.

8/10.

8/10.

No previous solution was used.

It was easy to set up.

What other advice do I have?

The most important factor is that you choose a firewall or UTM solution that fits your organizations security requirements. Begin by determining what business problem you are trying to solve, what technical controls you need to implement (Firewall, IPS, NAC, VPN, endpoint, mobility, web filtering, malware detection, etc.). Then, determine what hardware features you need such as (HA clustering, link aggregation or 10Gb, port sensity), and what kind of throughput, and how many concurrent connections.

600 Series
More Fortinet FortiGate reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco ASA Firewall
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiGate. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.