Fortinet FortiGate Review

It has given me complete oversight of my network in a centralized fashion but certain features need improving.

Valuable Features

• It's version of throughput is good
  • It has a strong active cluster, as you can have between three and 32 units to a cluster

Improvements to My Organization

Finally there is a UTM Fortinet. It has given me complete oversight of my network in a centralized fashion, so I know what is going on at all times. It provides me with a solution that can automatically take control of situations when they arise, with the most intuitive interface. It stops you needing to be on the phone to tech support, or a local vendor, for days on end.

Room for Improvement

• Security
  • LAN
  • WAN

Use of Solution

I've used it for three years.

8/10.

8/10.

No previous solution was used.

It was easy to set up.

Other Advice

The most important factor is that you choose a firewall or UTM solution that fits your organizations security requirements. Begin by determining what business problem you are trying to solve, what technical controls you need to implement (Firewall, IPS, NAC, VPN, endpoint, mobility, web filtering, malware detection, etc.). Then, determine what hardware features you need such as (HA clustering, link aggregation or 10Gb, port sensity), and what kind of throughput, and how many concurrent connections.