Fortinet FortiGate Review

The most valuable features for us are VPN, WebFilter, and Firewall.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features for us are

• VPN
  • WebFilter
  • Firewall

How has it helped my organization?

It's features are highly customizable. This means that when our different business groups have different needs, the implementations can be customized to meet the demands of those groups and needs.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see an improvement in the Bandwidth Management and Traffic limit control.

Also, the licenses are expensive, turning off some users.

We've used all units for five years, except the FortiGate 200D which has been in use for one year. Alongside FortiGate, we also have FortiAnalyzer 1000B and the FortiManager 200D.

There have been no issues with the deployment.

There have been no stability issues.

It has not been a problem to scale it.

Customer service is very good.

Technical support is very good.

I depend on different products from different vendors depending on the required function.

The initial setup is simple in the CLI or Web GUI.

An in-house network engineer implemented it using the best practice recommendations from the vendor.

The appliances and licenses are expensive, and I know some people use other vendors because of this.

What other advice do I have?

You should know the customization you want from the beginning, and plan your requirements appropriately.

1 visitor found this review helpful