Fortinet

Fortinet FortiGate Review
We were able to prevent the use of torrent applications. They need to improve the alert and event logs.

Valuable Features

With the application and web filters, we were able to block social network websites and any other websites that could lead staff being less productive. We were able to stop use of VPN applications on the school’s network. We were able to prevent the use of torrent applications.

Improvements to My Organization

It was used in a school network, so it kind of helped in preventing staff and students from getting carried away with their browsing.

Room for Improvement

I feel they need to work on the alert and event logs. We were not able to get anything much out of it when we were facing issues. Not sure if it was a configuration issue; we were, in fact, not able to see any system-related logs.

Use of Solution

I used it for two years. I had to replace it as the number of staff increased to beyond its limit.

We did have an issue with it hanging occasionally. But then later, we figured out that it was handling traffic beyond its limit.

Technical support is average.

This was the first device we used.

It was installed by the IT solution provider while setting up the school.

Other Advice

It is a good device for a medium-sized company. But if you have over 150 staff/devices, I wouldn’t advise using this.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Fortinet FortiGate?

Our experts can help. 242,381 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.