What is most valuable?
- Application control
- IPsec & SSL VPN
- Web filtering
- E-mail security
- Data leak prevention
- Wireless security and wireless controller
- Central antivirus (FortiClient)
- HW & SW token controller (FortiToken) etc.
- Central management
- Administrative domains (can group devices according to geographical are, functionality, admins, etc.)
- FortiGuard management
- Logging and reporting
- Configuration version control and tracking
- Firmware management
- Centralized security log analysis and forensics
- Centralized graphical reports
- Customized reports
- Scheduled reports
- Content archiving/data mining
How has it helped my organization?
Routing and security policies, central management and all of the other features help us to improve network performance and implement organization policies.
What needs improvement?
They could improve vulnerability scanning.
For how long have I used the solution?
I have used it for three years.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
We encountered a few stability issues; maybe one case per year.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
I did not encounter any scalability issues.
How are customer service and technical support?
Technical support is 10/10. They respond and offer solutions very fast.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
We previously used Cisco solutions. They are more expensive, have fewer features, are more difficult to use, and response and help from
technical support is not quick.
How was the initial setup?
For Fortinet solutions, the initial setup is very easy.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
They are very cheap compared to other vendors.
What other advice do I have?
Fortinet solutions are very easy to implement, proven, certified and tested.