Fortinet FortiGate Review

Centralized monitoring, policy management, and virtualized appliances allow us to take control over our public and private infrastructure

What is our primary use case?

• Security
  • Monitoring and controlling
  • VPN
  • Active Directory integration
  • Servers
  • All components related to an enterprise environment.

How has it helped my organization?

We replaced Sophos with FortiGate and found it better than the Sophos product. It has better control, insights, and prevention from crypto malware and other threats.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are centralized monitoring, policy management, and virtualized appliances so we can have control over public and private Infrastructure.

What needs improvement?

Cisco Meraki products are rising very quickly in the cloud and the connected era. Meraki products are future proof and offer much better ROI, upgradability, and manageability.

IT is continuously evolving, and every few days or months, there is something new. Whoever evolves first will take the lead over the competition. Adopting and evolving is the key to success.

Less than one year.

These products are solid and stable.

We have not had any issues with scalability.

Our experience with support has been fine. No trouble or hassle.

Sophos: It was good for small businesses, who are evolving and improving. Though, I found Cisco Meraki to be much better.

Part of the setup was straightforward and other parts were complex. They need to work on feature placements and menus.

We did the implementation through a vendor, who had good experience.

Two to three years, depending on usage type, number of users, and organizational size.

Yes, we did, Palo Alto and other solutions, but we found FortiGate to be the best solution at that point in time.