Fortinet FortiGate Review

We can detect any attack of viruses or malware at the first point of contact

What is our primary use case?

We use it for security. It performs okay.

How has it helped my organization?

It controls the traffic in the organization and the navigation of the Internet. It blocks some sites and permits limited access to our information through the web. We can detect any attack of viruses or malware at the first point of contact.

What is most valuable?

• The security
  • Monitoring
  • Alarms

It is a very strong platform.

What needs improvement?

There are problems with the custom reporting of the unique traffic. The data is there, but it is too difficult for us to extract.

Just today, our platform was down seven hours today. We called the technical support and they told us that there was some maintenance in the cloud for the platform.

The scalability is good.

The technical support is good.

The initial setup is not difficult, but tricky. It's easy, but it's important that their technical support will help you during the configuration of the platform. Procedures that appear logical are not always so.

What other advice do I have?

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: The security of the platform, because we are very concerned about cybersecurity. Also, the customer service response is important.