Fortinet FortiGate Review

The main benefit is the grouping of our security monitoring. The technical support is great.

What is our primary use case?

I use Fortinet Fortigate. First of all, I use them as perimeter firewall. Secondly, I use it for a  data center firewall for internal segmentation.

How has it helped my organization?

The main benefit is the grouping of our security monitoring. I have all of my solutions from the same brand, Fortinet. I have only one console, one dashboard, all the security incidents that occurs on the network.

What is most valuable?

The Fortinet FortiGate product has original features that we use.

These features include:

• IPS
  • Anti-Malware
  • Web Application Firewall

What needs improvement?

I am looking to implement key authentication for admin access for the Fortinet product.

Three to five years.

The technical support is great.

I was involved in the initial setup. When we decided to use Fortinet, we were already a customer of Fortinet. So, my previous firewall also was Fortinet and the experience with the brand and with the provider was very good. We have no issues. We like to keep with the same brand.

Fortinet is a very good solution. It would not be a mistake to choose Fortinet as a solution.

In the past, we had evaluated Palo Alto and Cisco as possible solutions.