Fortinet FortiGate Review

Review about Fortinet FortiGate

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for this solution is as a firewall protection for our company.

How has it helped my organization?

It's performed as a firewall to block those unwanted traffics, and it can protect our clients and our users from some threats. I think it is the best solution to protect the network or our users from the APT attacks.

What is most valuable?

I like the UTM features, including the web filtering and antivirus.

What needs improvement?

The room for improvement is about the global delivery time period. Usually I need to wait for almost one month to deliver it overseas. So if you can shorten the deliver time it would be great.

It keeps improving the features and I am very impressed with the effort.

The response is very quick and they can visually resolve our problems in a short period.

In the past, we were using Cisco, the quite old firewall. And did not have the UTM features. So we switched to Fortinet to improve the security of our network.

I was involved in the initial setup and it was very easy and the features and interface are very good for us to understand what is going on.

When selecting the firewall vendor, we are considering the protection and the security features, it's the most important things we are considering. We need a good option for threat protection.

The beauty is the price performance ratio is great with FortiGate. It provides all the features we needed and the price is comparable with others' firewalls. The price is quite competitive with the firewalls with similar features.

We also looked at Palo Alto, Check Point and Cisco.

What other advice do I have?

It's very easy to contact, the conversation is easy and it provides us all the features on point. It is also reliable.