Fortinet FortiGate Review

The most valuable feature is the policy routing and application control

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for our small company. It is basically for users on the LAN-side. So, it is just for browsing mostly.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the policy routing and application control. In addition, the firewall will act as a call-switch. So, the performance within the LAN is good.

What needs improvement?

The UI could be improved.

More than five years.

We sometimes wait 30 to 40 minutes to get a tech engineer. But, then they are pretty good. Whenever I call for a problem they will assist me and correct me and they will fix up the call. Only one they are sure we have solved the problem will they disconnect from the call. Whenever the issue arises, they're available to help.

I also have prior experience with SonicWall.

The initial implementation was straightforward.

I do not have personal experience with the pricing of the solution because my boss has been taking care of that aspect of the relationship with the solution.

SonicWall has a better UI solution.

More Fortinet FortiGate reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco ASA Firewall
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiGate. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: February 2021.
464,857 professionals have used our research since 2012.