Fortinet FortiGate Review

Provides a high standard of security for our clients

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use this solution for external security of our network.

How has it helped my organization?

We are a visual effects company, and there have been a number of high profile security issues in our industry. This has brought us to a higher standard of security, which our clients are very keen on these days.

What needs improvement?

We had a minor problem where there was a major system upgrade on the hardware platform and the Apple Mac client was not available as soon as it might have been. The PC client was available immediately, but we had to wait a month or so, before there was a Apple Mac client. I was slightly irritated that it was not ready on time, but it was eventually resolved.

Almost two years.

Fortigate has more than adequate capability to cope with everything we require for the foreseeable future.

The support is very good, and we have had no issues.

Previously had a SonicWall. Even allowing for an upgrade discount on the SonicWall, the FortiGate was a more compelling purchase.

It was fairly straightforward.

More Fortinet FortiGate reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco ASA Firewall
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiGate. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.