Fortinet FortiGate Review

Excellent Bandwith Agility from Webstie to Website

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is providing cybersecurity applications to internet (IT) clients throughout India.

How has it helped my organization?

Since we are still in the implementation period we still need more time to evaluate how this solution can add value to our organization.

What is most valuable?

We are very happy with the general bandwidth agility we have seen from one website to another website.

What needs improvement?

Since we are in the initial stages of implementation I can't suggest any additional features for the next release. At this point, I really need more time to evaluate the tool. The only thing I can recommend at this time is to make improvements for the user end when the user website is running slowly; the speed can definitely be improved. There is room to include IP wise and net-wise and bandwidth settings.

Still implementing.

Currently, we have more than 600 employees using this product. Our users range from IT staff, management, and senior executives. We are all using it. And we plan on increasing the number of users to more than what we are currently at.

My technical support experience has been very poor. I think the technical support personnel isn't experienced in Bangladesh. They have much less technical experience and aren't as able to handle the work, as I am.

Initially, we were using an IPVanish. We switched to this tool because we believed it would be easier to set up and use but it turns out it wasn't easier.

The initial setup was complex. The deployment took a few days to get set up. Initially, we were using an IPVanish. We switched to this tool since we thought it would be easier. But it turns out it wasn't easier to set up and run.

Our vendor team implemented the tool for us; the vendor team is based here in Bangladesh.

What other advice do I have?

Maintenance only requires two or three people. At the moment both a Senior Executive and an IT manager are in charge of maintenance.

Besides wanting to see a faster connection speed I would like to see the expanded bandwidth, IP, and proprietary net settings feature included within the tool.

I rate this product an 8 out of 10.