Fortinet FortiGate Review

Next-Generation Advanced Firewall Protection

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use of Fortinet FortiGate is for a firewall. I use it as the firewall system and protection from spam. I mainly use Fortinet FortiGate for protection and security.

How has it helped my organization?

Mainly the FortiGate reporting system is very good. It guides us through all the expectations of security. Fortinet provides us all that we need for security. Also, Fortinet FortiGate is a next-generation firewall. It is much more advanced than others.

What is most valuable?

I like all of FortiGate's features.

What needs improvement?

The FortiGate reporting system needs to be more detailed about files. Palo Alto Networks is more detailed in the reporting system than Fortinet.

Currently, as for our security, we don't need more. The main reporting in Palo Alto Networks is much more developed than Fortinet, especially in the part of the file exchange.

As a security lead, I think Fortinet FortiGate is much more reliable than Palo Alto Networks.

Three to five years.

The Fortinet FortiGate solution is very stable for our installations.

The scalability of Fortinet FortiGate is sufficient. What we bought was sufficient for what we need. I don't know if we're going to need to upgrade it or not, it depends on if we need to increase or lessen it.

Since we built Fortinet FortiGate we didn't need to do anything more for it. Over 200 users are currently using this solution and only one staff is required for maintaining it.

The Fortinet technical support is very good.

Setup and installation of Fortinet FortiGate were very straightforward. The deployment stage took five days. We used an integrator company and they were very good.

We implemented Fortinet through a third-party integrator company.

With Fortinet licensing, you have to buy a license for every product: for the stamp, for the email, for the firewall, for everything. This is all the same for all vendors. You have to buy a license for each service.

In terms of pricing, they are reasonable compared to Palo Alto Networks. FortiGate is much cheaper than Palo Alto Networks with more efficiency in operations.

We talked to several vendors like Cisco and Palo Alto Networks. There was another system and they gave us a test drive for a week running it on their premises to see how reliable it is.

We tested Cisco, a next-generation firewall, two years ago. We also tested the Palo Alto Networks equipment.

What other advice do I have?

We may increase our usage of Fortinet next year.

I would recommend to anyone to buy Fortinet FortiGate. I would rate the product ten out of ten.