Fortinet FortiGate Review

Provides good security features, and generating FortiCloud reports is helpful to us

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for our company firewall.

What is most valuable?

This solution has many good features. The security features are about the best that I've seen anywhere.

I really like the fact that I am able to generate FortiCloud reports.

What needs improvement?

FortiWAN was supposed to help in doing intersite linking, but we've realized that most of the ISPs use BGP. FortiWAN supports OSPF but does not support the BGP protocol. This is a problem for us because without BGP they are not doing anything, and we've had to pack them up. I would like to see the BGP protocol supported on FortiWAN.

Technical support for this solution can be improved.

We have been using this solution since 2017.

The stability is very good.

The scalability of this solution is fantastic.

I've been in contact with technical support a few times and it is good. It might be better, but as far as I'm concerned, it's good.

The challenge for the initial setup was at the ISP level. We have the Fortinet firewall running, but between the various sites, we wanted to implement FortiWAN. It didn't work because of the BGP issue.

The pricing for this solution is good.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I recommend.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

200E
More Fortinet FortiGate reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco ASA Firewall
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiGate. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.