Fortinet FortiMail Cloud Review

Good filtering to block spoofing, supports sandboxing, and it is easy to scale

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to block spoofing.

We are MSPs and we provide services to many companies that are running FortiMail.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are filtering and sandboxing.

What needs improvement?

It is slightly difficult to configure FortiMail in the cloud with Exchange on-premise, especially the quarantine mailbox access for end-users.

I have been using Fortinet FortiMail Cloud for two years.

We are using the latest version. It's cloud-based and managed by Fortinet.

It's a stable solution, we have never had any downtime or any complaints from the client.

It's scalable. We haven't had any concerns, but we are MSPs.

We are a small to mid-sized company. Our clients have over 200 users.

I have used technical support occasionally.

At times, the FortiMail support can be slow with a response. It could be that they don't have enough staff trained in FortiMail.

This is an area that could be improved.

We work with many clients who require different products. We recommend solutions for clients who do not have anything in place to protect themselves.

We still use other solutions for other clients. For example, we have a client who uses the Barracuda email filtering system.

The initial setup was very easy.

The initial setup was completed by the FortiMail technicians. We provided them with the information and they built the virtual system for us in the cloud.

What other advice do I have?

Recommendations are dependant on what type of implementation is being used. As an example, will it be on-premise or is it going to be Office 365?

With Office 365, I would recommend using this solution. It would be no problem and everything will be taken care of.

With the on-premises version, they need to pay more attention to the communication, or the accessing quarantine mailbox per user. This is a complex area, and it's where I had a week of troubleshooting.

Because of the issue that I had with the on-premises version, I would rate it an eight out of ten, but when dealing with Office 365, I would rate a nine out of ten.

More Fortinet FortiMail Cloud reviews from users
...who compared it with Sophos Email Appliance [EOL]
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiMail Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
513,594 professionals have used our research since 2012.