Fortinet FortiMail Cloud Review

Low price and integrates well with other Fortinet solutions but the initial setup is complex

What is our primary use case?

I work for an IT Technical company and I sell this solution to other companies.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the low price and its ability to integrate with other Fortinet products. Fortinet has the concept of a security fabric that includes FortiMail and FortiGate, and everything works well together. Some solutions, such as FortiMail, have both hardware and software for the machine. Customers with more money buy the hardware.

What needs improvement?

The downside of this solution is that it is difficult to implement policies on FortiMail.

As an example, if a customer manages FortiMail using a different SCL, it is difficult to implement in the customer's box and FortiMail.

I have been using this solution for six or seven years.

This solution is stable.

This solution is scalable, we have no issues with the scalability of this solution.

The technical support is good. You are not directed to several other levels or engineers like other solutions. You are contacted and speak to an engineer in the language you prefer, but it's preferential available in English.

They are quick to respond and to resolve your issues.

I have experience with Cisco hardware solutions.

The initial setup is complex because there are government restrictions on the use of the cloud here in Ukraine. Data cannot be sent to another country if it belongs to a government organization.

It is very simple to deploy and you need one or two engineers to maintain this solution.

If you have an experienced engineer it takes one day to deploy.

It's a low budget solution. You only have to purchase one license for multiple participants. With Cisco, you purchase one license for ten users.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution and others based on my customer's needs.

I would rate FortiMail a seven out of ten.

More Fortinet FortiMail Cloud reviews from users