Fortinet FortiMail Review
FortiMail:Includes features such as: spam detection, inbound and outbound inspection, no per-user or per-mailbox pricing.
What is most valuable?
- Spam detection from FortiGuard Antispam Service and FortiMail antispam techniques; session based and application based.
- Inbound and outbound inspection
- Supports multiple domains/subdomains
- Mail routing
- Block/safe list based on e-mail addresses, domains or IP addresses
- DNS black list scan
- Banned word and dictionary scan
- Image scanning
- PDF scanning
- Suspicious newsletter detection
- Bidirectional email translation using Address Mapping to hide protected domains from the external networks
- Sender reputation to prevent overload from high volume spams, mails with invalid recipients or infected messages
- Access delivery and receive rules
- Content monitor and filtering
- Recipient-based and IP-based policies
- User/group query options
- Mail data migration from existing mail server to FortiMail (Serrver Mode)
- Resource profiles; disk space quota, user access to address books
- Built-in agenda
- NFS and iSCSI support
- RAID support
- SMTP authentication via LDAP, RADIUS, POP3, IMAP
- Per user inspection based on LDAP attributes
- Mail queue management
- Easy management using web GUI or CLI
- Logging and reporting
- High-Availability with quarantine and mail queue synchronization
- Fortinet FortiMail is an industry-leading, multi-layered messaging security tool based on price and performance.
- Scalable solution from SME to the largest ISP and carrier networks, delivers long term investment protection
- Real-time Update from FortiGuard; signature database updating from FDN
- Sandbox integration (optional)
- Flexible and easy deployment in three modes (gateway, server with fully e-mail server features, and transparent).
- End-to end IBE
- Advanced bi-directional filtering
- Multi-layer threat detection and protection
- Data Leak Prevention, Policy based encryption, Archiving
- Traffic analysis
- No per-user or per-mailbox pricing
- It’s the only messaging security solution on the market that supports transparent mode inspection.
How has it helped my organization?
FortiGate provides inbound scanning for e-mail based threats, but FortiMail provides much deeper analysis and implements a much richer feature set.
How are customer service and technical support?
I rate technical support 5/5.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
We used Exchange Server + FortiGate firewall. FortiMail offers more email security features.
How was the initial setup?
Initial setup is very easy.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
No per user or mailbox pricing; industry leading based on price and performance.
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Gold Partner
Mar 15 2017