Fortinet FortiManager Review

Integrates easily with other Fortinet products and is very stable

What is our primary use case?

We work with the FortiManager tool to configure several solutions for our customers. Generally, our customers already have the product installed on their network. We work as independent consultants.

What needs improvement?

The product could be improved by making it a little easier to configure. Sometimes it's a  bit complicated to find the right way to configure. For example, if you want to have a link between a FortiGate to a FortiSwitch, sometimes it's not so clear. Sometimes there is a problem because U.S. FortiGate has one version and FortiSwitch has another version of the operating system and it's difficult to create, to have a link between two devices, and we have to do an upgrade before using it.

I would like the configuration to be easier. If that is solved then the product is perfect.

It's a stable product.

I have no experience with scalability.

The technical support for us is great. We get our support from Fortinet in Belgium, so we can communicate directly with a technician in Belgium. It's perfect.

We also train in Cisco and are certified and support Cisco, so we know that solution very well. The difference between the two is that Cisco is always more complicated than Fortinet.

I think the initial setup is too complicated because there are several versions of the operating systems, so you don't have directly connections between two devices. In the study guide it's easier but on site it's not so easy.

I think the pricing is reasonable, it's cheaper than Cisco.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good solution if the customer has all Fortinet products. The advantage of Fortinet is that if you have all their products - FortiGate or FortiSwitch or FortiController, FortiWeb, FortiClient, it's an integrated solution but if you have only Fortinet Switch, it's no more interesting than Cisco.

I would rate this product an eight out of 10.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: consultant
More Fortinet FortiManager reviews from users