Fortinet FortiManager Review

Improves and increases the performance but performance issues should be improved

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to analyze the internal traffic to see what's happening in the network. We can analyze the logs and push policies. In case something happens, after rebooting it, we can push the configuration back into the appliance.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is analyzing the traffic. When we call ISP and we do an upgrade, the performance is down and we can look into it and see where we're lacking and analyze the data and decide how to go about it - if it is from the firewall or the connection.

We look at the traffic to segment the network and it improves and increases the performance. When we have a mobile connection and local laptops are on the same network. We have seen a big performance upgrade.

What needs improvement?

Performance issues should be improved. We have problems when we have more mobile connections than local devices. Most of us have two to three devices.

Finetuning and performance tuning need improvement.

I have been working with FortiManager for around fifteen years.

The stability is very good. Throughout my career, my failure rates have been low. Some models have bugs on the flash drive. But it's usually from carelessness from the client's side. It's very stable.

If you go above your box, you have to update it. It's not so scalable. But most firewalls are like this. Throughput makes a difference. We have to upgrade boxes every three to four years.

Their support is good. They respond well. Their response time is good and they can usually resolve the problem.

The initial setup is not very complex. I've been in this field for a long so I don't find it very complex.

The pricing is reasonable. It's not very expensive, it is reasonably priced.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a seven out of ten.

In the next release, I would like to see more performance-tuning. If they could work on that, that would be great.

More Fortinet FortiManager reviews from users