Fortinet FortiNAC Review

Good compliance checks and security features with the capability to scale significantly

How has it helped my organization?

You can simply control whole network even you can check your switches configuration

What is most valuable?

Compliance checks are a good feature. Compliance check is for windows updates and for antivirus updates, etc.

Security is also good. No guest can enter without credentials, such as usernames and passwords. You have full visibility, which is very good.

What needs improvement?

The implementation process needs improvement. Right now, it's somewhat complicated. They could create some templates to facilitate implementation. Right now everything is done manually, and it just takes a really long time at the initial setup.

I've been using the solution for three years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is easily scalable. Once you have one working correctly, you can expand easily to make it as big as you want. However, setting up the first properly takes time.

I've contacted technical support three or four times. They have been very good.

We didn't previously use a different solution.

The initial setup is complex. How long it takes to deploy depends on the complexity of the project, for example, if you are setting up the solution at branches or just at one location. So long as the team is cooperating and coordinating, it shouldn't take more than three months. You only need one to two engineers to deploy the solution. Afterward, you may only need one person for maintenance.

You need professional engineers to set up the solution. Only trained and experienced people will be able to handle the implementation.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

In terms of advice I'd give to others, I'd say the most important thing to worry about is organizing the network, like active directory groups and groups of users, etc. Organize the groups with VLAN IDs that are not too specific and the VLANs should be on all company switches.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

More Fortinet FortiNAC reviews from users