Fortinet FortiNAC Review

Has a good interface that is easy to use and has good features

What is our primary use case?

I'm a senior network architect and our company is a reseller of FortiNAC. This is a new product for me and we'll be starting implementation shortly. We've been testing the product and I'm just finishing the course. I'll be implementing for our client which is a medium-size company.

What is most valuable?

The interface is good and simple to use. Some of the ideas presented on the online course could be clearer, like policy creation. But the interface and other features are very good.

What needs improvement?

I think that the course content could be improved, it's not that simple to work through. I'm an expert on Cisco ISE. And also I have CCIE on Cisco. I made a comparison between Cisco ISE and FortiNAC. Cisco ISE has full integration but FortiNAC doesn't.

I've been using FortiNAC for just one month.

I'll have a better idea next week about the stability, once it's been tested in the production environment.

The communication with customer support is fine from an administration perspective. But it's lacking documentation on the concept of how the technology works. There are no documents in the FortiNAC library relating to network function.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this product an eight out of 10.

8.6
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Reseller.
More Fortinet FortiNAC reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Fortinet, Cisco, Aruba Networks and others in Network Access Control (NAC). Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.