Fortinet FortiNAC Review

User friendly with a good graphical interface and excellent community support

What is our primary use case?

The solution is generally used for compliance and other related items such as network visibility.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of the solution are the user-friendliness, the graphical interface, and the technical support. The interface is very nice and the customization is good.

Overall, our clients seem to be quite pleased with the product.

What needs improvement?

For our organization and our clients, the price is the main concern. They should work to make it more competitive.

Customization could be improved in future releases.

I recently deployed the product. I've been using it for about a year.

Regarding scaling, I don't believe I would know about the requirements related to scaling the product. However, in terms of the device itself, my client is fully sufficient with the license. He has the number of devices he needs in order to monitor everything. I don't believe our client has scaled it, so I don't know how easy or difficult scaling is.

Our clients are largely medium-sized enterprises and may have up to about 400 devices on site.

I've never reached out to technical support myself and have never opened a support ticket, but I have heard that the solution is quite good at handling customer queries.

We've used community support and it's been quite good. We've found most of the answers to our queries using it.

The initial setup is quite straightforward. We didn't run into any complexities during the implementation.

We're a Fortinet partner.

I would recommend the product to others. Usability is a crucial thing for networking and this product offers that. I'm not familiar with other NAC products. However, I think every organization should be implementing NAC. That does not always mean just FortiNAC products. There are other NAC products as well. We are very fortunate to have access to such products that continue to help our customers.

Overall, I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

What other advice do I have?

I don't exactly remember the version our clients are using currently, however, and I believe it is vm based for 2000 devices.

We don't actually use the solution in our own organization, but we have deployed it and we provide service, support, and monitoring on the devices to our clients.

More Fortinet FortiNAC reviews from users