Fortinet FortiNAC Review

User-friendly and easy to implement

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we implement for our customers. It is used as part of the network security and protects our clients.

What is most valuable?

This solution is very easy to implement and use.

The interface is user-friendly.

The most valuable feature for us is the support for iOS and iPhones.

What needs improvement?

The problem with Fortinet is that if you want to be 100% secure then you have to buy other products. It should support better integration with third-party solutions.

The reporting capability needs to be improved.

We have been using FortiNAC for about three years.

FortiNAC is a stable solution.

It is a scalable solution, although the scalability also depends on the other products that it is integrated with. Our customers are medium-sized and enterprise-level organizations. Our clients have about 500 users.

This solution is so stable that we have not had any problems and never needed to contact technical support.

I am also working with Cisco ISE. It is very complicated compared to FortiNAC.

It is very easy and straightforward to implement.

Three of our engineers were involved in the deployment. One of them focuses on security and the others take care of networking.

The licensing fees are a little bit high.

What other advice do I have?

I try to push the use of this product because sometimes, the complicated solutions like Cisco ISE sometimes make the customers feel annoyed.

My advice to anybody who is considering this solution is that if the budget allows it, the entire security solution should be made up of Fortinet products. They integrate well and it will be better overall. A complete and secure solution will include products like FortiSandbox and FortiAnalyzer as well.

More Fortinet FortiNAC reviews from users