Fortinet FortiOS Review

As always there is room for improvement in any product, we have always struggled with reporting

What is our primary use case?

Network edge security, single Entry/Exit for multiple branches. and recently have started with SDWAN investigations and labs.

How has it helped my organization?

Having used the FortiOS for a period, the improvement of functions and additions have been both "Great" and "Poor," as one gets used to using a product, menu and layout changes can be a bit confusing at first, however you slowly start to get more familiar over time.

What is most valuable?

VPN Services, and FortiView for quick troubleshooting and tracking.

What needs improvement?

Reporting, having only recently migrated to 6.04 there will be some time to see what improvements have been made, with some of the menu changes and inclusions through the versions.

We have been making use of FortiGate for close to ten years and multiple OS Versions.

in 10 years, we have had little to no issues with the functionality, stability of the product from my standpoint has been very stable, preventative maintenance schedules, and keeping up with the latest information on the product is key.

We have had no issues to date.

We have an array of products that are specific to our environments, and the requirements around the service needed for that specific environment, FortiOs ticked the boxes to the best match for our requirement.

The initial setup of Fortinet FortiOS was straightforward, with the new inclusion of SDWAN there are some learning still to be done but in general, if the planning is done correctly the intitial setup is a breeze.

A combination of both was used.

What other advice do I have?

Research and plan, ensure that the product falls in line with your requirement and has room to grow, and don't let a Product dictate your requirements.