Fortinet FortiOS Review

Good configuration, easy to use, and offers various functions

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a data center.

What is most valuable?

Fortinet is very easy to use. I like its configuration and the various functions it offers.

I think the most common use for a firewall system is web filtering and application filtering. The program has other features too, like anti-virus and other security features, but I think that some of the usage is there to control and connect web filtering and application filtering and to control what comes in and what goes out.

What needs improvement?

For me, it is important to be able to block VPN applications, like Facebook, so I would like to see that included in the next release. With this version, if you want to block or allow a site, you now have to drag all the domains related to this site.

I've been using the solution for three months now.

The program is very stable.

The scalability is very high.

The customer service is very nice because they answered my questions when I asked them about the program before buying it. The technical support is great too, because they called me back with a solution to my question.

The initial setup was straightforward and I did it myself. I downloaded it, read the instructions and started the deployment, which took only about an hour.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution an eight out of ten and I will definitely recommend it to others because many people are using it around the world now.