Fortinet FortiOS Review

Very stable and scalable with great technical support

What is our primary use case?

We use Fortinet FortiOS as a perimeter firewall. On top of that, we use another application as a web application firewall.

How has it helped my organization?

Great logging analsys with fortianalyzer

What is most valuable?

FortiVPN I think is the only one vpn that can be shared with customers and employees, however another features is FortiVM that allow us to have onne solution from Onpremise datacenter to cloud datacenters.

What needs improvement?

Docker Container to have a good integration with kubernetes and more throughput as Cisco FP

I've been using Fortinet FortiOS for five, six years now.

My impression of the stability of the solution is good just one support case opened to fortinet, in next firewall update I will choose again fortinet

We currently have 200 users, and we plan to increase them, so I believe in his scalability while users increase.

The technical support is great, good solutions and an excellent proactivity.

I used Palo Alto NG Firewalls before but I wasn't impressed by the features it offer and the  price was also too high.

I did the installation myself but I can't remember if the initial setup was easy. I remember the deployment took about five days. It was very long ago, so I can't remember well.

I've implemented it by myself with another colleague, probably in next firewall update I will engage the vendor team.

We pay an annual license fee. It is rather expensive so I would like to perhaps see a drop in price in the future.

I didn't evaluate other options because I like the experience I had with Fortinet, so I simply prefer Fortinet.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to other customers would be to have good knowledge about the traffic in their network. In the future, I would like to see more user-friendly dashboards and a drop in the price. My rating for this solution is therefore only eight out of ten.

1 visitor found this review helpful