Fortinet FortiSandbox Review

Stable and easy to implement, works with FortiMail to protect our network

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is email and protection.

We use FortiMail as well, and most of our environment is protected. We don’t have internet access for our users apart from email.

This solution is deployed in the Cloud.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the protection and the way it works, the technology is what I like the most.

The online information is very good.

What needs improvement?

The licensing can be very confusing. It needs to be simplified.

When choosing FortiSandbox, there are three different types of Licenses, but it doesn’t specify that it is for FortiSandbox, so you have a box for Sandboxing, then a separate box for hardware, and a separate one for the Cloud.

I have been using this solution for two years.

This solution is stable. I am happy with it.

This solution is scalable.

We have over two thousand users.

I have never used technical support.

The initial setup was straightforward.

The information available on-line was helpful during the configuration.

We did not implement this solution through a vendor, we did it ourselves.

The pricing is okay, but the licensing can be confusing. For example, if you purchase FortiSandbox, there are three different types of licensing. They have a separate FortiSandbox for the cloud, and for FortiGate. It can be quite confusing.

For being an existing FortiGate customer, they started by giving me one year for free, then I started renewing.

What other advice do I have?

If you are an existing user of Fortinet and familiar with the interfaces of FortiGate and others then it will be easy for you.

I don’t have a business relationship with Fortinet. I am a user.

I would recommend this solution. I don’t have any complaints, so it is difficult to say what I would like to see in the next release.