Fortinet FortiSIEM (AccelOps) Review

We've been able to monitor our account-hacking issues internally, including attempted attacks on our network and logins to accounts.

Valuable Features

The security notifications and monitoring features.

Improvements to My Organization

With the online-based monitoring we've set up, we've been able to watch trends of attempted attacks on our network.

We're also able to monitor our account issues internally as attackers attempt to log into our accounts.

We fall under HIPAA so security is key.

Room for Improvement

As we're an SMB, I would like to see different licensing options and the solution is priced out of the reach of some small businesses. It was a priority for us, though, because of the HIPAA regulations we fall under, and a more attractive licensing structure would be nice for SMB's.

For the product itself, it's the configuration. You really have to have their help to configure the product. When hands are off and it's in maintenance mode, it's difficult to configure unless you're totally engrossed in the product on a day-to-day basis.

Use of Solution

I've used it for one year.

No issues encountered.

9/10, based strictly on the limited experience with one person that I've had.

9/10, based strictly on the limited experience with one person that I've had.

We used freeware or third party apps (two or three of them), but we liked the consolidation of this product -- one interface, one screen -- to capture what the other applications were doing.

It was complex because we didn't know the product. It's pretty in-depth, but once we got familiar with the software it made a lot of sense.

Implementation Team

We had the vendor help us implement, and they were 8/10.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

As mentioned above, they need to improve their licensing, but it depends on what industry segment they're going after. Maybe introduce some kind more attractive bundle for SMB's to help them get started with the product.

Other Solutions Considered

We did, but I don't recall which ones.

Other Advice

Everyone's implementation will be different, so be very focused and deliberate in what you want to monitor, because you can inundate the system.

1 visitor found this review helpful