Fortinet FortiSIEM (AccelOps) Review

We like its visibility and flexibility. It allows us to get real-time, accurate, situational awareness of what's going on.

Improvements to My Organization

We're able to get real-timec as well as our customer networks that we're monitoring at all times.

Valuable Features

• Visibility
  • Flexibility

Room for Improvement

The dashboards need to be improved. It gives you so much detail, but sometimes too much detail, especially to an executive, it's too much. I need to be able to understand what my situational awareness is by looking at a simple graph. I've already made a specific feature request to just make it look sexier because that's what customers like to see.

The stability has been very good. We've had no issues with instability.

What we really like about it is the ability to scale without costing an arm and a leg for us. They're highly virtualized and, as a result, we're able to deploy in a lot faster manner than shipping their metal to a location that might have to be purchased in another state or country.

We have used their technical support as well as their customer service. They've always got back to us in a timely manner. We've never had an issue of being able to get to the right person. If it doesn't get to the right person, it gets escalated very fast.

We used LogRhythm, and Accelops replaced it.

I wasn't involved in the initial setup, but my team was.

Other Advice

You always have to do your due diligence. I'm pretty sure a lot of the other competition is just as capable, however we deal with aircrafts, which is a different, unique beast. It enables us to understand an aircraft or sat-com network infrastructure, so it's not like a traditional type of log file that you have to normalize.

Some companies work with Windows desktops and servers, but we don't. Again, be sure to do your due diligence because whether Accelops is right for you depends on your use case. Make sure also that you have an MSSP model like we do so that you're able to deliver for your customers.