Fortinet FortiSIEM (AccelOps) Review

An affordable all-in-one solution that's very stable

What is most valuable?

The solution has an all-in-one approach. We buy one product and everything our customer needs is included. He doesn't have to pay any additional licenses to get more functionality, so everything is there and if we have to do any adjustments, it's also done very quickly and easily.

What needs improvement?

The solution can't be improved, but it can be managed more clearly. The solution just needs minor improvements. I'm quite sure Fortinet is already working on this.

They could work on their documentation. If there's anything about the solution that needs improvement, it's that. For example, documentation already is on a very high level but specifically on the CLI, there are tons of features which can be fine-tuned and thousands of commands are very difficult to document. If they could make this easier, it would improve the overall solution.

I've been using the solution for 1.5 years.

The solution is very stable. It has run for years without the need to do anything except, add new patches when they are available, which are always a good idea to install.

The initial setup is quite easy.

If we do an overall comparison with other products and also count additional licenses, which are necessary for other products, then the prices are comparative.

If we just leave it at base prices, for example, Splunk: Splunk is cheaper, but if you also count the price for licenses, reports, and other things - especially the megabytes and gigabytes of the lock data that you need - then it comes up to a much higher price than you have to pay for FortiSIEM which already includes these things in a base version.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate the solution nine out of ten. Our clients have been very happy with the solution.