Fortinet FortiSIEM (AccelOps) Review

A stable solution with good pricing, but they need to address recent changes to technical support

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for collecting logs and duo correlation on our customer's premises.

What is most valuable?

Both the collecting logs and duo correlation are valuable features for us.

Fortinet also offers very good pricing. Their pricing is incredible.

What needs improvement?

The support of the product changed recently, and I don't think it's for the better. They should work to improve the support they offer to clients.

They also have to improve their import perfection solution.

I've been using the solution for 1.5 years.

The solution is very stable, like all Fortinet products.

The solution is scalable.

Technical support is very good. They also provide you with additional materials to study the product by yourself so that you can get a better understanding of the full solution.

The initial setup is complex, mostly because of the security, not because of the product. Most of the security features in the installation process are difficult. They require tuning.  You have to be careful you don't configure something wrong. This is a complexity of the environment and the solution itself. The engineer should understand what the customer is looking for. The product might be very good, but if it is positioned in the wrong way, it can be harmful.

I did not evaluate other options; this solution was the decision of the customer. However, in the past, I have evaluated and worked with Splunk and IBM.

What other advice do I have?

We use the public cloud deployment model.

I like the product, and I would recommend it, but I much prefer Splunk.

The beautiful thing about Fortinet is that they have integrated many, many solutions. Their platform is very powerful. In the case of the customer, if he decides to choose Fortinet, he'll largely be stuck with that one vendor. Fortinet does integrate with a few other vendors, but it's best if you use only their solutions. It's more efficient, you have more manageability and you get more value that way.

I would rate the solution seven out of ten.