Fortinet FortiSIEM Review

Easy to set up and use, with quick and helpful technical support

What is our primary use case?

We use FortiSIEM to protect our customers.

Our current client has 20 branches and we can connect from any branch to their headquarters. We have high availability between headquarters and branches via the VPN connection. We can protect our SD-WAN, as well.

How has it helped my organization?

Fortinet is very helpful for our customers.

What is most valuable?

Every feature is good. This is one of the greatest SIEM products on the market. The most valuable feature this solution offers is that it protects the server and the client.

It's very easy for anyone to work with. You don't need any help externally.

What needs improvement?

This is a great product for everyone. The disadvantage is the product portfolio.

We need more incidents automatically to protect our network.

We need to see incident reports about the event log, without events from the administrator or through human interaction.

In the next release, I would like to have automated generation reports of incident reports.

I have been using this solution for three years.

This solution is stable.

It's a scalable product.

Fortinet has a large number of products with many modules.

We can use it for small, medium, and large enterprise companies. This product is suitable for all business sizes.

Support is very helpful. They have support in our local area and there are five or six support branches worldwide.

We can contact them through Facebook, the website, on chat, and using the phone with no problem.

They are helpful and they respond quickly.

We only use Fortinet products.

I work with version 5, version 6, and version 6.2.

The initial setup is very easy. It's straightforward.

One person can do the basic installation and maintenance. One person can support engineers.

Every product that Fortinet offers is easy to install and can easily be deployed by one person.

You can deploy and execute one device in one day. If the project is large then you will need two or three days to complete the installation. This includes time for troubleshooting if needed.

Pricing is acceptable for more than 90% of our customers, as they normally get discounts.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to know this solution, and study it well to avoid mistakes.

The configuration is simple, not complex. It's a very good product. I have not experienced any issues with it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud