Fortinet FortiSIEM Review

Good GUI, helpful technical support, and easy to configure

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution as part of the firewall. I work mostly with banks and have extensive experience with configuring the VPN in relation to Fortinet.

What is most valuable?

The solution is quite user-friendly.

It's very easy to configure everything, including the VPN. It gives you lots of good options.

The product is quite well-organized. The GUI makes it easy to navigate.

What needs improvement?

The solution is almost 100% perfect. It's already quite simple and easy to configure. In that sense, no improvements are needed.

You do seem to be constantly learning new things with the product. There's a bit of an ongoing learning curve in terms of usage. Right now, I'm learning about higher availability and that's an ongoing process.

It would be good if the solution offered even more configuration options, especially in relation to the VPN so that it continues to be a very flexible option.

The solution offers both command line and GUI visualizations. They need to ensure that their GUI offers just as much flexibility on the configuration as the command line structure.

I've been using the solution for about seven months at this point. It's been less than a year.

The stability of the product is fairly good. It's likely 70-80% there in terms of stability. There are many versions and the stability may vary slightly on each.

In terms of security, however, I would say it's very stable.

We haven't implemented the latest version yet as it hasn't been implemented widely.

In general, the stability isn't a problem for us and we don't need to worry too much about it.

The technical support is quite fine. We can communicate with them easily if we need to. If we have a problem or we need an issue addressed, we simply open a ticket and the Fortinet team is ready to assist. They are very knowledgeable and responsive. We've been satisfied with the support they give us.

The initial setup does take some time to learn. I'm in the process of learning more about it now, specifically in relation to configuration or the VPN.

If you are comparing the product to Cisco's solutions, it's very cheap and moderately priced. It's affordable. At the same time, it's a very effective solution. It's affordable and it works well.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate the product at an eight. It's been a pretty positive experience overall. I'm still learning the solution and discovering new things about it, however, it has everything I need at the same time.

More Fortinet FortiSIEM reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Splunk
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiSIEM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.