Fortinet FortiSOAR Review

Quick detection and response time, with helpful playbooks used to automate our response

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is as a next-generation firewall. It is used to restrict the breach that will occur from any particular malicious server command or control.

The primary focus is to save the customer's confidential data and break the connection.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the playbooks that allow you to take action immediately after the approval of the analytics and anomalies.

It has a quick detection and response time.

What needs improvement?

The area that needs improvement is integration with multiple third-party vendors. For example, if you have customers who are using the CheckPoint firewall or Sophos firewall, and they are forwarding any logs to the Syslog format system, it should re-automate though the third-party firewall or any third-party proxy.

In the next release, I would like to see UEBA included. User entity behavior analytics is very important. Also, I would like to have the UEBA integrated with the cloud, making it accessible from any specified region. This would be very helpful for our customers.

I have been working with FortiSOAR for five years.

After the new hardware and software were launched, it became more stable.

It's now scalable since the new release.

Technical support is good.

Depending on what hour you are calling, it may take some time. If you are calling within the same time zone then it 's fine, but if you are calling from Africa for example, it will be rerouted to another region.

I was not a part of the initial setup. I only saw the demo and it seems that it is easy, rather than complex.

Now that I have more hands-on experience, I see that it is easy to manage and configure.

Pricing is fine compared to other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I am a Fortinet certified engineer.

Depending on the customer's requirements, and based on their RFP demand and budget, I would recommend this product.

Hybrid Cloud
More Fortinet FortiSOAR reviews from users
...who compared it with Splunk Phantom
Find out what your peers are saying about Fortinet, Palo Alto Networks, Splunk and others in Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR). Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.