Fortinet FortiSwitch - Secure Access Review

Offers better insight into what's going on in our customer's network

What is our primary use case?

Our customers use Secure Access to capture log files of many different vendors out there. They're looking at their network, wireless servers, and anything that can capture log files. It seems to be one of the more cost-effective solutions.

How has it helped my organization?

It offers better insight into what's going on in our customer's network and faster resolution for issues that are happening. It helps our customers find out what's going on.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature would be network management, separating the network management component from security. It can do both but we promote it on its own. It's a good solution to do network management.

Secure Access is a strong platform. It's very user-friendly.

I have around two years of experience with FortiSwitch Secure Access. We deploy it 80% on-prem.

The stability is pretty good.

Scalability is also pretty good. Our clients are generally SMB.

I would give their support an eight out of ten.

The initial setup is somewhere between straightforward and complex. It takes just a couple of days to a few weeks depending on what you're doing.

It could be simpler but compared to the competition, it's not so bad.

What other advice do I have?

I am a big supporter of Secure Access.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.

More Fortinet FortiSwitch - Secure Access reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiSwitch - Secure Access. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,301 professionals have used our research since 2012.