Fortinet FortiSwitch - Secure Access Review

Simple to use and has easy to use switches

What is our primary use case?

I'm a technical support engineer and we are a partner, buying and reselling the solution here in Israel. Our primary use case is core switches, The switches are on the customer's data. We use the product as an extension for core security reasons. Around 50% of our customers buy this product from us. It's a central product we sell for extended features of 4G switches.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this product is its simplicity. The one portal that we are using in FortiGate from Dell is the point for managing everything. The other good features are security-related, it's very easy to use those switches.

What needs improvement?

The product could be improved with additional security-related features, you can never have enough. Otherwise, I find it quite an easy product to use. Scalability could also be improved.

For additional features, I would again mention the security and it would be nice if the 4G system was directly on the operating system.

I've been using the product for four years.

For now, the stability is okay.

There aren't special features that resolve any scalable requirements. There are scalable possibilities with other features of the 4G Gates unit but this is not so scalable.

I can't really answer this question because we've never had to use technical support.

We used to use HP only and we still sell that. We now sell 50% FortiSwitch and 50% of our customers are staying with the HP switches.

The initial setup is very straightforward, it takes a few seconds.

We do the deployment ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

I think this is a great product and everyone who chooses it will enjoy using it.

I would rate this product a nine out of 10.

More Fortinet FortiSwitch - Secure Access reviews from users