Fortinet FortiToken Review

The integrated Fortinet security with the app for easy two-factor authentication is valuable, but instead of typing the code, there should be a push

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for administrator access to firewalls. We have its latest version.

How has it helped my organization?

FortiToken is just there to do the administration of the firewalls. For two-factor authentication, we like Duo more.

What is most valuable?

The integrated Fortinet security with the app that allows you to easily do the two-factor authentication is most valuable.

What needs improvement?

The app could be improved so that you don't have to actually type in the code. It would be great if you can just do a prompt or push similar to the way Duo does.

We have been using it for three years in our organization.

It is stable.

It is good. We have a very small use case for it. If I want to roll it out for a larger use case, I don't think it would have any issues. We currently have got only got four firewall administrators who use this solution.

I have not interacted with them for FortiToken.

It was straightforward.

I just did it myself.

Overall, it has provided an ROI. It is included as part of our firewall license.

It is included as part of our firewall license.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to make sure that they have cellular phones that are company-owned or they have employees who are willing to use their own in order to use it.

I would rate Fortinet FortiToken a six out of ten.

More Fortinet FortiToken reviews from users
...who compared it with Duo Security
Find out what your peers are saying about Fortinet, Cisco, Microsoft and others in Authentication Systems. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.