Fortinet FortiWeb Review

User-friendly and makes it easy to find vulnerabilities

What is our primary use case?

We are using FortiWeb for publishing web services and some web applications.

What is most valuable?

The interface makes it easy to identify vulnerabilities.

The best features for us are the signature services. The devices uses signatures for identifying vulnerabilities in web applications.

This product is very user-friendly.

The security is very good.

What needs improvement?

FortiWeb needs to have support for the newest technology being used in web applications. For example, some companies have developed new features using the latest technology, but we are still waiting for Fortinet to support them.

I have been using FortiWeb for between four and five years.

The stability is very good and we're fortunate that we haven't had any issues.

We have had no issues with scalability.

We are in Iran and working under sanctions, which means that we cannot buy new American products and cannot get support. Companies usually buy devices that are second hand, or from a third-party, neither of which have support.

That said, my impression is that the support is good for companies who are eligible to use it.

The initial setup was not complex. Like all Fortinet devices, it is user-friendly.

Due to the situation in Iran with the sanctions, the price of this solution is very expensive.

The only other two web application firewall products that are available in my country are F5 and Imperva.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and I strongly recommend it, especially for companies in the banking industry.

More Fortinet FortiWeb reviews from users
...who compared it with F5 Advanced WAF
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiWeb. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.